Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Director, Council Services and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position has a focus on administrative support and coordination for the Council Delivery Services team.
Keys to your success
- Provision of professional customer service to internal and external customers and clients including.
- Efficient and informed telephone, email and face to face transactions.
- Clear communication of department requirements, processes and systems.
- Ensuring office and workspaces are professionally presented at all times.
- Provision of administrative services to staff within the Department including;
- General administrative support, including raising purchase orders, meeting support and general enquiries, resolve routine issues and enquiries.
- Basic human resources and administration services, including recruitment, payroll enquiries and advertising vacant positions within the Department.
- Document management, ensuring the correct documents are used and filed as per departmental procedures.
- Office supplies, ensure there are adequate supplies including paper, stationery and other relevant office supplies.
- Data Entry including documents, spreadsheets and department specific programs.
- Ensure safety for yourself and others in the workplace, engage in an effective and proactive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by the Supervisor which are within level.
What's on offer?
- Total remuneration package $72,135.15 (salary $64,395.33)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.