Salary Level 4, $61,583.84 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Council Services Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for supporting the Council Services Manager in the management of the Community by providing clerical, administrative, operational support and to liaise with visitors to the Community.
Mentoring all trainees and Council employees and assisting in the transferring of skills in a cross-cultural environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural enviroment.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural enviroment.
- Good interpersonal skills and a basic knowledge of human resource management and administrative principles.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills with an ability to liaise with internal and external clients orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and computer keyboard skills of a high standard, with emphasis on word processing and spreadsheets.
- Sound knowledgeof Service centre delivery financial recording and reporting systems.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class driver's license.
.Contact Person: Deb Wearne – Council Service manager on (08) 8993 7902 or email Deb.Wearne@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org