Salary Level 6, $74,101.86 per annum.
Operating under the direction of the Regional Business Manager and in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for overall coordination of contracted services for Central Desert Regional Council nominated Homelands.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum relevant tertiary qualifications at a diploma level or higher, or extensive experience in a similar role especially involving housing and infrastructure projects, management of dispersed teams and communication with multiple stake-holders.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, delivering and managing a number of different programs related to municipal, essential and housing services to small communities in rural and remote locations.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong decision making skills and innovative approach to problem solving for issues arising.
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders, resolve conflict and competently write reports in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of risk management andthe principles of workplace health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace.
- Current NT driver’s licence and ability to travel to a range of remote communities and service delivery centres.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from http://www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or https://bushtel.nt.gov.au/#!/home (external sites).
Contact person: Sascha McKell – Regional Business Manager - on 08 8958 9553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com