Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Council is currently seeking an adventurous, highly motivated and multi-skilled Team Leader for our Youth, Sport & Recreation program and Community Safety Patrol.
The Team Leader is responsible for planning and supervising dynamic and creative youth, sport and recreation programs that foster wellbeing, inclusion and leadership along with providing support and guidance to the Community Safety Patrol team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their creativity and flair for developing strong collaborative relationships as they positively contribute to the lives of young people and adults living in remote Central Australia.
Keys to your success
- Demonstrated experience or capability organising and running Youth, Sport and Recreation activities and a history of working positively with people of all ages in a community setting
- Strong leadership skills and a high level of self-motivation
- A passion and flair for working with Aboriginal staff, clients, stakeholders and families in a remote location
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative, organisational and analytical skills
- A sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety
- Current Drivers License
Whats on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $78,569.33 salary ($70,139.74) including,
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
- 15% loading on ordinary hours worked
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au.
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.