Location: Alice Springs with regular remote travel to the Service Delivery Centres of the Regional Council.
The salary is Level 6, $72,283.92. (Maximum Term 4 Year Contract)
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Human Resources Manager and in accordance with Regional Council’s corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is mainly and fundamentally responsible for the promotion of awareness, partnering, monitoring, advising, supporting and providing a service to all the Regional Council’s managers and employees spread across the relevant remote Service Delivery Centres implementing and ensuring compliance relevant legislation and policy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated tertiary qualifications at a diploma level or higher in WH&S or a related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrated practical application of relevant WH&S legislation, policy and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the rehabilitation of workers and the return to work of employees.
- Proven ability to support and drive the implementation of WH&S systems across multiple worksites.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of WH&S related training/toolbox and induction programs.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to work as a member of a team including an ability to build productive relationships with managers, employees and the Executive,
- Current “Class C” Manual Drivers Licence
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
For more information, please contact: Irenee McCreevy, HR Manager on 08 8958 9501.