Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
We are seeking an ideal candidate who has mechanical / station / farming experience who has lived or is willing to live on an Aboriginal Community and is capable of managing a wide range of ground skills in a timely manner.
Keys to your success
- The ideal candidate will operate under the direction of the Coordinator, Council Service and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation.
- Join a dynamic team who are making a difference in the community and this role will allow you to make a positive difference also.
- Ability to be culturally respectful, able to supervise, mentor and coach other staff members involved in the maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, waste management facilities and Council infrastructure.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Council workshop, plant, equipment and vehicles
What’s on offer?
- Total remuneration package $78,569.33 salary ($70,139.74)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au.
CDRC is obligated (under CHO directions) to employ staff who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have an exemption on medical grounds. We can only accept applicants who meet this requirement and you will be required to provide documentation to this effect prior to any offer being made.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.