Salary Level 4 $63,132.67 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in a remote regional center. Operating under the direction of the Youth Sports and Recreation Operations Coordinator, in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation, the Youth Sports and Recreation Team Leader shall provide program direction to Youth Sports and Recreation staff, residents and community stakeholders as delegated. The position will plan activities, supervise Youth Sports and Recreation teams and volunteers and ensure service delivery occurs in community. The role is also responsible for managing program assets and ensuring all program reporting, including activities attendance is reported in community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience delivering engaging and sustainable Youth, Sport and Recreation in remote communities.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading and motivating teams in a remote location, including strong team building and management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development principles and their practical application in the context of remote Aboriginal communities or another culture.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including the ability to:
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people
- Use computer programs to produce clear and sound reports in a timely manner
- Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org